Effective Date: May 8, 2023
Purpose; Your Acceptance; Updates
- Autopylot, Inc., a Delaware corporation (hereinafter, “Autopylot” “we” “us” “our”), provides and makes available, via its website(s) and mobile application(s), flight-related information and services in connection with the lawful operation of unmanned aircraft systems (i.e., “drones”) in commercial airspace within the United States (collectively, the “Autopylot Services”).
- Intended Users of the Autopylot Services. The Autopylot Services are intended only for use by adults, either for themselves or on behalf of their companies or organizations, and are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18 (or the legal age of majority). We do not knowingly collect Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with Information, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that Information from our databases.
Information We Collect
- Information We Collect Directly from You. When you access the Autopylot Services, we may ask you to provide us with Information that can be used to contact or identify you. We also collect Information when you participate in any interactive features of the Autopylot Services, fill out a form, provide feedback, participate in a contest or promotion, communicate with us via third-party sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. Information may include, but is not limited to, your email address, first and last name, telephone number, physical and/or mailing address, UAS licensing and registration information, information related to the drone you are operating, and information regarding your proposed flight destinations. For purposes of this Policy, please note that Information includes Information you provide about yourself and/or other individuals on whose behalf you are using the Autopylot Services.
- Location and Flight-Specific Data. If you connect your drone to a device while using the Autopylot Services, we may collect Information about your drone (e.g., serial number and model information) and correlate it to your Autopylot account. We may also collect Information about the flight destination you selected, the flight plan generated, your drone’s location, and your past flights (i.e., logbook). We may also collect and process Information about your actual location through your device. Location Information is obtained from various technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, and cell tower proximity.
- Usage Data. We may also collect Information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Autopylot Services (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include Information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (i.e., IP address), browser type, browser version, which features of the Autopylot Services that you use, the time and date of your use, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data. When you access the Autopylot Services with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include Information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
- Other Analytics. We also use online tracking technologies to engage in data analytics, auditing, measurement, research, reporting, and debugging of our Autopylot Services and to analyze site usage trends. For example, we use Google Analytics for such purposes. You can learn more about Google Analytics here and opt out by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Investor Information. Per Section 5 of this Policy, we may collect, use, and share Information from and about investors in connection with an investment-related transaction. This may involve the disclosure of Information about investors to third parties to facilitate the implementation, administration, and management of any such transaction.
How We Use Your Information
- We and our service providers process Information about you where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and not overridden by your rights. We use your Information in order to:
- authenticate your identity;
- personalize, maintain, and optimize the Autopylot Services for you;
- notify you of changes and updates to the Autopylot Services;
- process your payment information, if applicable;
- communicate with you, including (when in line with the preferences you have shared with us) providing you with interest-based information and advertising;
- Note: by providing us with your contact Information you consent to allowing us to use that Information to send you interest-based updates, notices, and advertising. If we do so, we will provide an option for you to opt out of receiving these types of communications.
- respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Autopylot Services and address any technical issues;
- support and enhance our data security measures, including for the purposes of preventing and mitigating the risks of fraud, error, or any illegal or prohibited activity;
- communicate hiring and employment opportunities and decisions;
- perform contracts with our service providers;
- comply with applicable laws and respond to legal requests;
- carry out any other purposes described to you at the time that we collect the Information.
If you are in a jurisdiction that requires a specific legal basis for processing Information, our legal basis for collecting and using the Information described in this Policy will depend on the type of Information and the specific context in which we collect it but will fall into one of the above categories.
We may also de-identify and aggregate your Information for our own purposes. “De-identified” Information is Information that has been stripped of your identifiers, such as your name, contact information, and other identifying data, such that you cannot reasonably be identified as an individual. “Aggregated” Information is Information that has been combined with that of other users and analyzed or evaluated as a whole, such that no specific individual may be reasonably identified.
How We Share Your Information
- With Our Service Providers. We use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Autopylot Services to assist with certain business purposes, such as payment processing, email transmission, data and website hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. These service providers, which include data analytics providers, may access, process, and store Information about you on our behalf for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
- With Our Business Partners. We may provide personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear along with ours on our website.
- With the FAA. When you use the LAANC services, we may share LAANC data with the FAA, pursuant to law, federal regulation, the LAANC Memorandum of Agreement, and the LAANC Performance Rules.
- With Remote Identification Service Providers. Government authorities in certain jurisdictions may require that your Information be collected and provided for remote identification purposes. Where required by law we will share your Information with the applicable government authority (or their authorized representative(s)), for example, other remote identification service providers. Information may include (but is not limited to) your name, address, telephone number, UAS license information, drone serial number, other aircraft identifiers, your user ID and details of your flights (e.g., location, time and speed).
- With Airspace Partners. If the Autopylot Services allow you to opt in to sharing flight-related data, your Information may be shared with airspace partners.
- In Connection with a Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfer. If Autopylot is involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale of our assets, Information about you may be shared, sold, or transferred as part of that transaction. We may also share Information about you with current or future affiliates.
How We Protect Your Information
- The security of your Information is important to us. We secure your Information using industry-standard physical, procedural, and technical measures designed to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access, disclosure, or destruction of Information. However, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Information you transmit to us, and you use the Autopylot Services and provide us with your Information at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your Information is no longer secure (for example, your Autopylot account password may have been compromised), please immediately email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Store, Transfer, and Retain Your Information
We will retain your Information as long as your account is active, and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Please note that, except as required by applicable law or our specific agreements with you, we will not be obligated to retain your Information for any particular period and we are free to securely delete it or restrict access to it for any reason and at any time, with or without notice to you.
Your Rights To Your Information
- You may at any time request that we update, correct, or delete your Information by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note it may take us up to 30 days to process your request. Additionally:
- U.S. State Privacy Rights. Certain U.S. states (including, but not limited to, California, Colorado, and Virginia) provide their state residents with additional legal rights concerning their Information. If you are a resident of one of these states and are using the Autopylot Services, you may have the right to: (i) have Autopylot disclose further details on the categories and pieces of Information that we have collected about you, including what we share with third parties or affiliates for those third parties’ or affiliates’ direct marketing purposes; (ii) have Autopylot disclose what Information we plan on collecting about you before we collect it; (iii) opt out of our marketing and/or analytics activities; (iv) have Autopylot delete any Information which we have collected about you; (v) ensure that Autopylot does not sell your Information; and (vi) ensure that Autopylot provides you with equal services without discrimination. As noted above, we do not alter our Autopylot Services’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser. If you would like to make a state law-related request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to the request, and that we have 30 days to respond to you.
If you would like to make a GDPR-related request, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to the request, and that we have one month to respond to you.
- Opt-Out. We may send communications to you via email at the most recent email address you have provided to us. You may unsubscribe from communications that are not related to the Autopylot Services being provided to you by delivering written notice to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are responsible for ensuring the delivery of the notice to us. You may also unsubscribe from communications by clicking the Email Preferences link or the opt-out link in any of our emails.
We are not responsible for any errors or delays in notices to you due to incorrect contact information provided by you or due to any technical issues beyond our reasonable control. Notices emailed to you will be deemed delivered when the email is sent. Notices mailed to you by registered or certified mail will be deemed delivered on the fifth (5th) business day following mailing.